An online version of this course is now available via Zoom. The course will be completed over 2 days, session times 9.30am - 1.00pm.
This course is ideal for Local Authority private sector housing staff who have newly entered the world of Enforcement, or for those who want to be aware of the legal framework. Delegates should already be fully competent in inspections and assessment through the housing health and safety rating system.
There are practical exercises to illustrate and reinforce the taught sessions with a course manual which gives extensive additional notes including information on the decisions discussed in the sessions.
Through this course delegates will:
- Understand the powers and duties available to local authority officers considering taking enforcement action after the HHSRS assessment
- Appreciate the context of HHSRS enforcement
- Determine the most appropriate course of action and prepare a statement of reasons for the action
- Understand the respective obligations of officers and property owners
- Understand how to proceed with emergency action
- Understand the role of the Residential Property Tribunal
- Identify areas where issues of consistency of use of powers are likely to arise
- Be aware of relevant options and resources for further learning
Course Fee: £150 members £195 non-members
Delegates will be issued with Continuing Professional Development certificates confirming their attendance on the course.
Next Available Course:
Day 1 - Tuesday 20th June 2023, 9.30am-13.00pm
Day 2 - Wednesday 21st June 2023, 9.30am-13.00pm
4 SPACES LEFT TO BOOK
Register your place or find out about a course for your team please contact Jack Taylor on 01332 642647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org