DASH Services

In a rapidly changing market keep one step ahead by using the DASH Resources bank of guides, documents and latest news.

The DASH team

Do you Receive rent on a private property in Nottingham?

You need to know more about a new licensing scheme, which comes into force on 1st August 2018. 

The scheme is called 'Selective Licensing' and aims to raise standards across Nottingham's private rented sector. 

About Selective Licensing 

Selective Licensing requires private rented properties in certain areas of the city to be licensed. The sceme covers 90% of the city and affects areas in the following wards: Arboretum, Bestwood, Bulwell, Bulwell Forest, Basford, Berridge, Bridge, Cliffton North, Clifton South, Dales, Dunkirk and Lenton, Leen Valley, Mapperley, Radford and Park, Sherwood, St Ann's, Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey. 

Check if your property is in the affected area: nottinghamcity.gov.uk

How do I apply if my property requires a licence? 

Register for an account at myaccount.nottinghamcity.gov.uk and apply online. Start preparing the required documentation to support your application now. 

Don't delay... it is a legal requirement to apply for a licence. If you don't, it may result in financial penalties of up to £30,000 or a prosecution through the courts. 

More information, including a breakdown of the licence fee costs can be found here

To view the Selective Licencing Handbook, click here:  Download

Please email selective.licensing@nottinghamcity.gov.uk if you require anymore information. 

No Comments

Add a Comment

Follow Us