Landlords we need your help!
We are trying to encourage all residents to recycle responsibly and dispose of general waste correctly.
But what can you as landlords actually do?
- Ensure that all your tenants know when their refuse and recycling collections are. They can find this out by visiting www.derby.gov.uk/binday.
- Ensure your tenants use the correct containers as specified by Derby City Council.
- Ensure your tenants know how to contact Waste Management for further information.
- Provide your residents with a separate bin, box or bag in the kitchen to collect recycling in.
- Recycling not only helps the environment, but also saves us all money, allowing it to be spent elsewhere in the community – if you are a local landlord then this is your community.
- Any waste left at the end of the tenancy becomes commercial waste and is the landlord’s responsibility. Helping your tenants to use the kerbside collections and recycling centre can help avoid this.
We are keen to help residents in the city know what to recycle. If you need any advice please contact the recycling team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01332 640000. We can also provide you with leaflets and bin stickers to help your tenants know what to recycle.